New brakes

This weekend I got new brakes.  A new master cylinder, four new slave cylinders and a new set of brakes shoes for each wheel.  There was one new bit of pipe and new brake juice.  It took a long time to get it all sorted and for some reason the cylinders for the back wheels were put in the front wheels first, then taken back off again.  Apparently something to do with poor labelling.

The brake test was fun.  I stopped really quickly and there was no need to press the pedal lots of times.  In fact I stopped so well that my passenger safety belt came out of its mounting and needed to be fixed.

Now I can brake properly I’m looking forward to a really nice summer, though I think I heard someone say that last weeked “was summer” and it’s now finished.

This entry was posted in Day to Day. Bookmark the permalink.